When trolley bus wires get stolen, lives are put at risk. When thieves steal the wires that are used to keep Vancouver’s fleet of trolley buses moving, they can leave dangerous live wires dangling.
If you live or work in Vancouver, particularly in one of the “hot spots” shown in the video, help be our eyes and ears.
If you see any wires dangling:
- Do not touch the downed wire
- Stay at least 10 meters away and call 911.
- Report suspicious activity to police
- Don’t approach any suspicious people yourself.
- Call the Transit Police tip line with information: 604.516.7419 or Crime Stoppers at 1.800.222.8474.
Together we can keep our communities safe.